Channeling some serious Harley Quinn crossed with 1970s killer clown vibes (Charlotte's words not mine), I realise that my Nina Lee Bakerloo Blouse is A LOT. I'm pretty flattered by that description though, which says a lot about me, but whatever! 

I mean, I could blame Megan's Galentine's-inspired #PinkAndRedPigeonParty for this wild look, but despite a wobble midway through construction, I actually quite like it. My only hesitation is around styling - I'm worried that this outfit is more garish than kooky, so I'm not sure I'll be wearing it out. I feel an Instagram reel coming on, to see what else in my wardrobe it might go with.

Bold print clashing and styling choices aside, I absolutely love this pattern and see many more in my future. It's now available in sizes 6-20 and 16-28, hopefully making it accessible to more stitchers. 

I made the long sleeve blouse version in a straight size 12 with no major modifications, other than shortening the sleeve and bodice pieces by 4cm. Next time I'll probably only take 2cm off the sleeves, but that aside I'm delighted with the fit. Both my fabrics were from Sew Me Sunshine and I'm sure most of you will recognise THAT grid print sourced by Pigeon Wishes.

As with every other Nina Lee pattern I've tried, the instructions are great and the construction is surprisingly simple with an impressive outcome.

From the big collar and sleeve energy to the cute little button-up back vent, the pattern details are second to none. It's such a great design that looks amazing in a solid fabric, the same print all over, colour blocked and everything in between.

Love or hate my version, I'm ridiculously proud of my grid pattern matching. I only had 1m of the pink fabric, which is a very fine and shifty viscose, so I decided to cut everything out on a single layer. Did it take me ages? Yes. Was it worth it? Absolutely.

I've already dreamt up my next two versions, one in a floral cotton lawn and one in a lightweight denim, both inspired by blouses I've seen on & Other Stories. I'm thinking of playing around with a cropped length and adding a button front...oooh, the possibilities!

38 today! I wish I could say with confidence that I'll be celebrating my lockdown birthday wafting around in this beauty, but I'll most likely be lounging around in toasty joggers and a jumper. Nonetheless, I thought today was a good opportunity to break my 2021 blogging hiatus by sharing a dreamy dress I finished way back in October...

This is my fourth Deer and Doe Myosotis Dress, made in an exquisite cupro viscose that I got for a steal from Rainbow Fabrics a while back. I'm an impulse buyer when it comes to fabric, but the moment this arrived, I knew immediately what I wanted to make with it and it turned out exactly how I imagined. 

I was driven by the desire to use the border print on the sleeve and hem ruffles, but it was touch and go as I only had two metres of fabric. I'm over the moon that I managed to make this work.

Unlike my previous three versions, I sized down to a 38 this time and I like the closer fit a lot. The sleeves and bodice sit better on my frame and I can still wiggle it over my head. As always, I left off the Mandarin collar for a simpler neckline - short tutorial here - and added ties to cinch the waist in. I also lengthened the skirt piece for a midi look, just like I did for my lemon version.

I had the perfect buttons in my stash for this and I love bringing the waist ties to the front in a sweet little bow. I think it's because I painstakingly made them from a colourful strip of border print that looks good against the main paisley print. 

There's nothing more I can add about fit and construction that I haven't covered above and in posts about my previous versions, but it's safe to say that the Myosotis Dress remains a firm favourite in my pattern stash.

I'll leave you with some of my most 'excellent' posing to show off the fluttery sleeves...