Yay! Last week I was touched to receive a Stylish Blogger Award from both Jane (Handmade Jane) and Laura (Laura: in a tangle) , whose blogs I follow religiously.
To show my appreciation, I'm embracing the rules of winning one of these awards, by sharing 7 facts about myself that you may not already know and by nominating 7 other stylish bloggers to receive the award:
- I'm a Greek-Cypriot who grew up in Cyprus, but moved to the UK aged 13 because my parents fancied a change of scenery. Although they have since moved on, I stayed in the UK after going to Uni, but I do miss my family terribly. On the plus side I'm bilingual!
- The veins on my right hand spell out 'HI'. I generally hate veins – they make me feel funny – but I'm bizarrely proud of this fact.
- I took Film Studies at Uni, which involved dissecting a broad range of films from Hitchcock to Scorsese and from the French New Wave to Korean movies. Apart from a blip after Uni (when I couldn't bear to watch films), I love immersing myself in a good movie, especially independent ones. Although there are far too many great ones to choose from, I'd say two of my favourite are What's Eating Gilbert Grape? and Grosse Pointe Blank.
- I'm a bit of a clean freak...ok, so I'm a lot of a clean freak. I have only have my family to blame for this trait, but I'm slowly learning to chill out a little bit when it comes to household chores. As an extension of this though, I do have OCD when it comes to using cutlery/plates/glasses at work and when generally out!
- I love, love, love to read, but struggle to find the time. I particularly like stories like the ones Kate Morton spins, where generations of a family are connected through a moving mystery...OoOoOoOoOoOoh!
- I'm a serious foodie - I love preparing it, cooking it, eating it, talking about it and reading about it. Luckily, or consequently, some of my closest friends share this passion and many of our outings revolve around discovering new and amazing places to eat.
- Discovering sewing has given meaning to my free time. It's something that I'm proud to call a hobby, previously I would pathetically list 'shopping' and 'eating' among other stereotypical ones. Sewing has also allowed me to dream of a working life other than a 9-5 office based one. This may only be a dream, but the mere thought keeps me going on a daily basis.
I’d like to pass this award to the brilliant bloggers listed below, in no particular order. I've got to say that this was a tough choice as I follow and adore so many sewing blogs, but it would be really great to find out a bit more about:
Andrea – Invisible Flower
Mikki – Mikkipedia
Sarah – Ohhh Lulu
Jen – Pretty Little Pictures
Angie – Quality Time
Katie – What Katie Found